6. Webinar: Live-Streaming: At the Frontiers of U.S.-German Urban Transformation Research
We will be streaming live from Washington, D.C., Resources for the Future meeting of DE-US.net!
Short presentations + Q&A by hosts of event setting the scene.
- Ann Bartuska, Vice President RFF Land, Water and Nature (LWN) Program
- Stephan Bartke, UFZ: A short introduction of the DE-US.net Platform
- Annette Gatchett, EPA: The history of US-German Bilateral Working Group
9:30 Pitches and presentations by participants
- Reimund Schwarze, UFZ and European University Viadrina
"Using Fulbright support for climate and extreme events risk research"
- Detlef Grimski, German Environment Agency
"Stakeholder needs for research for sustainable land-use"
- Britta Bierwagen, US Environmental Protection Agency
"Community Resilience Research at EPA"
- Allison Reilly, University of Maryland, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
"Repeated disasters and the costs for FEMA: Insights from the Public Assistance Program"
- Kris Wernstedt, Virginia Tech Urban Planning
"The Risk of Resilience"
- Leidy Klotz, University of Virginia VA Civil and Environmental Engineering and Architecture
"Nudging Designers: Choice Architecture for More Resilient Infrastructure"
- Mike Gerst, University of Maryland, Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center
"Development of Resilience Indicators in Maryland Communities"
- Casey Wichman, Resources For the Future
"Who pays to replace water infrastructure in the U.S.?"
Join without prior registration online! - Just visit our site and follow instructions!